esterday, as you know, I went to Barnes and Noble. I think I spent too much money...but that's besides the point. I bought:
1. The Christmas Issue (71) of knitting
2. January's issue of Creative Knitting
3. Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman
4. Delaying the Real World by Colleen Kinder
5. Green Jobs by A. Bronwyn Llewellyn et al.
1. I got really excited about the Cross Your Heart Kimono (ravelry link) in this issue. I have to be pretty picky about UK magazines because they're relatively expensive in the States but I love cables and this garment is adorable. They have some other great patterns in here, too. And of course, like every other knitting magazine, they talk about the new book, Reversible Knitting, which I bought not too long ago.
2. The coat on the cover got me for this issue. Also some other cute patterns inside.
3. Normally the granny square patterns I see in bookstores or online don't always look that nice, but the ones in this book are so pretty. The price was okay, but with a B&N membership, I saved 20% =)
4. This book was suggested to me by a friend who, like me, doesn't know exactly what he wants to do after he graduates. I graduate in the Spring and I really don't want to go to grad school for Environmental Engineering. But, I don't know what I want to do instead. I've only started reading this book, but it's filled with some great ideas and inspiration to get you out there doing things you might have never thought of. I'm sure it will be of some help when I decide what I want to do next.
5. Miriam found this book for me and I decided to grab it. It's filled with things I could do related and not so related to Environmental Engineering, and that's really what I need to find something I want to do as a career. I'm excited to read more.
Phew. Those are all the books/magazines I bought yesterday. Now onto something even nerdier: video games. More than a year ago I bought SSB Brawl and shared it on this blog. I am now about to share the video games I have gotten since then:
So many games!
And they're all so much fun! I know. I'm a 21-year old girl that plays video games in her spare time...aren't I so cool!?!
Well, that's all for today. See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment